Wednesday 19 September 2012

The Escapee Dog

So, being away in Canada at the moment leaves me only able to post stories about Mollie as anecdotes, obviously, as she's back in the UK. But as I have quite a collection of stories about her, I'm not too worried about running out until I return and can continue to mayhem with my little whirlwind of a spaniel. However, in the meantime, my long-suffering parents are at the helm of her mischief, and she definitely does not let up on them any more than she does with me. My mother usually emails me with how things are doing back home now and again, and in her latest email she had this little gem of a story that I couldn't resist putting up.


"Both dogs are well but still drive us mad by barking at the window. Mollie has been digging holes under the fences and a few weeks ago escaped into Ron's garden unbeknown to us for about half an hour. When we realised she'd escaped Dad went into a mad panic because we could hear her barking far away from the garden. I decided to go to Rons and start searching there. I put my coat on, opened the front door and there she was - demanding to come in! She was very relieved to see me and hasn't done it since, although we have
barracaded the garden with all sorts of rubbish such as chip board, paving slabs, flower pots and mesh!! The garden looks a real tip!"

Ahh, now she's heading north, to Ron's garden, as opposed to west, like last time! At least I know she hasn't changed in my absence!

Always mugging it up for the camera.



4 comments:

  1. Sarah, great to meet you and thanks for dropping by my blog today!
    Mollie is quite the character!! And full of energy I see! I am sure Troll is the same way.
    Visiting Canada,eh? Hope you have a great visit here in this great country.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! glad You stopped by and cant wait to hear more of mollys antics, hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Can't wait to get to know you better. Mommy and I are having serious computer issues. Hopefully we will have a new system tomorrow and can begin posting on a regular basis again.

    Doggy Kisses,
    Tanner

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for stopping by my blog :) mollie sounds a real hoot haha"!

    ReplyDelete